Dinknesh Ethiopia Tour (DET) is one of Ethiopia’s premier tour operators. The word “Dinknesh” actually is the Ethiopian name for “Lucy” (directly translated to “you are special”), or scientifically called Australopithecus Afarensis the first known hominine. This is the most spectacular discovery of the Awash Valley in Ethiopia’s Afar region, which came in 1974, when 52 fragments of a skeleton enabled the famous “Lucy” to be reconstructed. It is a well-organized company providing exceptional holiday opportunities throughout Ethiopia to groups and individuals. We are committed to offering quality services at reasonable prices.
Dinknesh Ethiopia Tour organizes group and private trips to all corners of Ethiopia and covering all the tourist sites in Ethiopia. Our product offering includes Historical site tour (Axum, Lalibela, Gondar, Lake Tana Monastery, Harar, Tigrai Rock hewn churches, etc), Cultural tour to the endogenous Omo valley tribes, adventure tours, wildlife safari, birding tours, photo tours, botanical tour, and agricultural tours.
All our tours are guided by highly experienced and knowledgeable multilingual guides who guided tours throughout Ethiopia for more than 8 years.
DET has a total of 45 staff members all dedicated to provide efficient service exceeding one’s expectations. The staff members are highly disciplined and free from any unwanted addictions. DET offers continued on job training on customer handling, communication skills, and first aid to its drivers, guides, and other staff members.
DET is also engaged in delivering car rental service using its excellent condition vehicles and highly experienced multilingual drivers. In addition to our up-to-date cars, the drivers’ punctuality, credibility, and integrity are the bases for our quality service.
Our company is reputed for its rental service to different organizations like embassies, missionaries, NGOs, and tourists coming from all over the globe. Types of vehicles we provide include different model Mercedes Benz, Modern Toyota Land cruiser, Limousines, Minivans, mini buses, large buses, and others.
2. Why Dinknesh Ethiopia Tour?
- Prompt response: - Among other things, DET is highly reputed for its very fast response to your enquiries. It is our policy to address any enquiry with in a maximum of 24 working hours.
- Efficient Pre-Tour arrangement: - Our tour coordinators are alert and make sure that everything is in order for your trip even in cases where the tour is to be arranged in a very tight schedule. Our smooth relationship and network with all stakeholders in the industry enable us to make all arrangements as per the client's interest.
- Excellent tour management: - Our experienced and multilingual guides match your needs and make sure that your trip will last forever in your memories. DET's driver's are among the very few well trained drivers who know all the in and outs of the country.
- Strong and dependable base: - DET is highly equipped with modern and comfortable vehicles both for large groups and tailor made tours. We provide first class camping gear with professional private cook. Our camping fires have kindled, in the hearts of many, which flame the desire of revisiting Ethiopia.
- Community Service: - Contributing to Eco- System is an integral operation of DET.
Moreover, Dinknesh Ethiopia Tour (DET) collaborates with local charities, like Mary Joy Aid through Development- www.maryjoyethiopia.org, and contributes a great deal to the benefit of the society through supporting/sponsoring a number of homeless children who lost their parents mainly due to HIV/AIDS.
It is the mission of DET to enable the society enjoys the benefit of tourism as it contributes to the development of the nation. All tourists coming to Ethiopia through Dinknesh Ethiopia Tour cherish supporting children, women, families, and other undeserved community groups through tourism while securing exceptional quality service through their trip.
DET strives to build healthy, poverty free, and empowered society through tourism.
- Dinknesh is known for developing and providing programs that are more unique and give a chance for travelers to experience more.
- Reasonable price
3. Our Product Range
- Historical Tour:- Lalibela, Axum, Gondar, Bahir Dar, blue Nile falls, and Harar
- Cultural Tour
- Adventure Tour (Mountains Trekking and Expedition to Danakil Depression and Erta’ale)
- Bird Watching Tour
- Pilgrimage Tours (Christian and Muslim)
- Ethiopia’s World Heritage site Tour
- Botanical Tour
- Agricultural Tour
- Horse riding tour
- Personal Interest tour
- Mountain Biking tours
- Car hiring
- Flight and hotel bookings, etc
We also collaborate with local charities (NGOs/ and contributes a great deal to the benefit of the society supporting/ sponsoring a number of homeless children who lost their parents mainly due to HIV/AIDS.
Besides the above services, we have highly and professionally organized tour operation department who understand what clients are interested in, and multi-lingual guides who know how to deliver the service and the satisfaction clients expected.
We are also equipped with adequate first class camping facilities and cooking utensils which are sufficient enough for a number of large groups at a time.
We serve more than 2000 clients per year, mainly from Germany, Spain, USA, South Africa, Japan, China, Portugal, Denmark, Austria, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Holland, France and United Kingdom.
4. Our Fleet
We have fleets of air-conditioned and comfortable 4X4 Vehicles, Vans, minibuses, and Sedans. Most of them are manufactured in 1998 and above.
Presence in International Trade fares
Our company attends the major trade fairs in the world. These are
- ITB in Berlin, Germany
- WTM, London
- FITUR in Madrid, Spain
- COTTOM fair in Beijing, china
- Indaba in Durban, South Africa
- JATA, Tokyo Japan
- Different road shows and fairs in USA including the APTA road show
- Trade fair in Utrecht, Netherlands